For weeks I have not posted anything on my blog ... thank you to friends who are past me and left little comments ... I went from time to time to see you too, but every time very quickly ...
Scout camps are over and went well, my training as ... The job, there are still many, but hey, it's better well ... when one is on his own, it takes as it passes ... because we know that there is not always ... :-)
I wish to say a lot about what I have learned in recent weeks thanks to my "winter camps," but I do not know where to start ... Because here, even if it is February 13, is still alive and well in winter! He is currently less than twelve (at 8:30 on Sunday morning).
We had lots of snow - and shoveling to do! - Since the beginning ... everything is still covered with a thick white coat ... When I see your blogs on the small shoots that emerge, I realize how our realities are different ... Quebec is a Nordic country, and winter, there is no choice but to tame it as best we can, otherwise find the time long ben ben ... And for me who did not grow up here - I come from Belgium - who know not ski or skate, and am cautious over the market, as you say that each new winter is a new challenge! And this year, I had launched - a little against me - in a challenge: do winter camping, as part of a "polar bears roaming light" with my Pioneers!
Our camp has been held on weekends ago. Culmination of several weeks, even months of preparation ... It is a very technical side to be prepared carefully because it presents obvious dangers ...
My young have taken up the challenge handily. I myself have not always been successful - I was extremely cold the first night, I had never been so cold in my life ... so no sleep, not out of shape on Saturday ... - But if I take into account everything that I learned about how to dress, feed, keep warm, move, make a fire, to get shelter for the night etc.. I can be very satisfied and proud of myself - not to mention the administrative side of things since this is the first year I host the Post Pioneers. Congratulations to all of us!
A small photo of the gang ...
Unfortunately, I do not know why I did not take pictures of our shelter and manholes of the first night, nor of our five-zhee of the second ... I think I was so frigorifée just that I did not think ... shame ...
0 comments:
Post a Comment