Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Adult Film Star Pinky Appearances

Danny Glover: his fatal weapon, the black power ...


At the Paris launch of the first screening of the film club dedicated to cinema from Africa, the Caribbean and the American Diaspora, which took place in the sumptuous setting of the Musée Dapper, BlackMap met the One of the most famous black actors Danny Glover!

Can you explain to readers BlackMap your reason for visiting Paris?
I came to Paris for the film by Abderrahmane Sissako, Heremakono, "Waiting for Happiness". That said, it's always nice to come to Paris and a great joy for me to meet directors and black artists to exchange experiences with interesting people and regenerate our energy. Why Paris is really an appropriate place.

You enjoy the French capital?
Whenever I came to Paris during the past 20 years I have met artists of African descent who were a great source of inspiration. Seeing their work and exchange our experiences is a real pleasure.

You have received many awards and you were the guest of honor at the Cine Club Cinema in Africa and the Caribbean. What is your reaction to the attention that it takes you?
Cinema is a medium to express ideas and reveal our humanity. The film is a way for me to express my understanding of what is happening in Africa. African cinema, whatever the origin of the film - Ghanaian, Senegalese and South African ... - was for me an introduction to issues of concern to my contemporaries living in Africa.

You're a great actor black American in the line of Sidney Poitier, those players who have helped to shine the black actors in the world. If you were to take stock, what conclusion do you arrive?
I owe my fame to an international film Lethal Weapon. Its success enabled me to know what I really wanted to do in the movies. I could put my talents to another kind of cinema. But you see, I'm thirsty for knowledge of the African world that I'm not afraid to say, I do not know. I still want to learn from the experiences of others. And for me, movies can share these experiences.

Cinema is not just entertainment?
Cinema is not just entertainment and it also can not be reduced to this. As a descendant of Africans, I ask myself the question: "How can we build through the various stories of film directors from Africa? .

What do you think of these projections Club Cinema in Africa and the Caribbean held at the Musée Dapper?
is essential. This is another way to maintain and develop dialogue. Because we all recognize the need to come together around these topics and discuss. Everyone talks about the information superhighway, cultural diversity, cultural democracy, ... it is therefore necessary that we too, we contribute to all including our meetings. We can not afford to be outside this process.

You are a member of the Jury FESPACO this year, how did you receive this honor?
is very exciting and an honor Jury to be part of Fespaco. I owe my involvement in this festival for many black artists who worked before me and have it all. I think Sidney Poitier, Harry Belafonte ... I have great appreciation for everything they did. Without them, without their talent, I will not be there.

You are very famous and erudite regarding black history, what you can bring to African cinema?
I can only bring my respect, my thirst for discovery. In fact the question is rather this: how can we share our different views Africa.


You played in 2000 in a movie directed by Cheikh Oumar Sissoko beaten. How did you meet?
We met there are 6 or 7 years at a festival. He offered me a role in his film and I accepted immediately.

some rumors about the fact that you'd play in Lethal Weapon 5. True or False?
(He opens his eyes wide, as if surprised by this question) (With a broad smile) is false, is only a rumor.

You are very active in the struggle for human rights, you also occupied the Embassy of Sudan in this case. What does this fight mean to you?
I am a citizen like any other. From a very young age, when I was a student in the late 60s, I've always been very sensitive to these problems. I read a lot Aime Cesaire, Kwame Nkrumah, Leopold Senghor. I always had a deep sense of social justice.

Finally, a quick note to readers BlackMap?
Wherever you are, accept yourself as you are and be proud of your origins. Danny Glover, currently on screen in "Saw"

0 comments:

Post a Comment